These key indicators can help you identify a potential victim of modern slavery
- The individual may look unkempt or malnourished, with few personal belongings
- They may appear uneasy and anxious
- They may have untreated injuries
- Someone else may be paying for their travel
- Someone may be speaking for them
- They may be reluctant to interact with others/talk to strangers/the authorities
- Have no personal identification on them
- Unsure of their own address
- They could be picked up and dropped off from work at unusual times
What to do if you think someone is a victim of modern slavery
- You can call The Salvation Army’s 24/7 referral helpline on 0300 3038151.
- If there is an immediate danger to the suspected victim or if you think they are under 18, call 999.